Georgians like Barbecue. Get us together during the summer and you better believe that someone will be grilling something. Whether it is ribs, smokin’ a butt or BBQ’ing chicken, we have it down. Don’t even get me started on the fixin’s. Mac n’cheese, pork-‘in-beans, pimento cheese, or Brunswick stew, collard greens, mmmmmm mmmmm that’s good eatin!
Summer is wrapping up here in the south. It is still hotter than a June bride, in July down here, but that won’t stop us from getting out over the next few months to take in some of the festivals. The next few issues of my blog I am going to be talking about festival and today, we are going to start with some BBQ Southern Style.
Decatur BBQ, Blues and Bluegrass Festival
- August 12, 2017 – Decatur, GA
- Benefiting Community Center of South Decatur is in it’s 17th year.
- Tickets are $15
Pigs and Peaches BBQ Festival
- August 25, 2017 – Kennesaw, GA
- In it’s 17th year this festival holds a competition for best BBQ as well “Pigtales” a junior essay competition.
- Free admission
Blue Ridge Blues and BBQ Festival
- September 15-17, 2017 – Blue Ridge, GA.
- Benefiting Snack in a Backpack this event consists of a Blues pup crawl on Friday night and festival on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tickets are $5
- September 16, 2017 – Lawrenceville, GA
- Benefiting Lawrenceville Police Benevolent Fund this event is in it’s 10th year.
- Free Admission
Big Pig Jig
- November 3-4, 2017 – Vienna, GA
- In it’s 33rd year, this is Georgia’s oldest barbecue cooking contest.
- Ticket prices vary by date and time – check website for prices
I gotta get on now, because I can smell what Shane just took off the grill wafting up the stairs and into my room. It’s time to eat some grilled southern food y’all!