My friend, and the most fabulous hair stylist in the world, asked me to find her things to do while camping at Westpoint Lake in LaGrange, GA. Well, I aim to please so, Christina this is for you.
Encounter the ancient biblical world through its history and culture. Through authentic archaeological replicas, Biblical meal presentations, artifacts, lectures, ancient Middle Eastern life comes back to life today
- 130 Gordon Commercial Drive – LaGrange, GA 30241
- Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM to 6 PM
- Donations accepted
Get your wine on!
- 692 Adams Rd – West Point, GA 31833-4725
- Thursday-Saturday 12:00-7:00pm Sunday 12:30-6:00pm
- Tasting prices vary
Tour the 13,000 sqft home and garden of the Callaway family which is considered one of the best preserved 19th century gardens in the country. Built in 1916 it is rich in history. If traveling with children ask for the Earle’s Great Hunt tour which is catered towards them.
- 1916 Hills & Dales Drive – LaGrange, GA 30240
- Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- $15.00/Adult $7.00/Students
Fort Tyler was the scene of a desperate last stand by Confederate troops on April 6, 1865. Command of the city and Fort Tyler fell to Brig. Gen. R.C. Tyler, a Confederate officer. His death during a heroic last stand at the Battle of West Point made him the last general of either side to be killed in the Civil War.
- 1111 6th Ave, West Point, GA 31833-1128
- The battle here took place 7 days after Robert E. Lee surrendered at Appomattox.
- Cypress St, LaGrange, GA 30240
- This monument to textile magnate Fuller E. Callaway was built in 1929 and is patterned after the Campanile of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, Italy.hone: (706) 884-182
Rodeo races are held at the Pyne Road Park Arena. Twenty to fifty riders compete in barrel races, pole bending, Texas Barrel, flag races, and arena races.
- 4194 Roanoke Rd, LaGrange, GA
- First Friday of every month from March through October, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Admission is Free
- Concessions available
Pack a lunch and hike the Pine Mountain Trail, a 3.7 miles around trip, to and from the waterfall inside FD Roosevelt State Park. Visit Atlanta Trails for a map and directions to the falls.
- 2970 Georgia Highway 190 – Pine Mountain, GA 31822
- $5 dollar parking pass for day
Blooms, Beaches, Butterflies, Birds, and Bridges. Callaway has so many things to see and do you can spend several days here! You can zip through the tree top on zip-lines, relax in the spa, have fun on the rope course and see the beautiful gardens.
- 4500 Southern Pine Drive Pine Mountain GA 31822
- $20.00/adults $10.00/children
Pine Mountains newest attraction may not be open yet. Call to see before going!
- 214 South Main Ave. Pine Mountain, GA 31822
- Wed 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Thu – Fri4:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Sat – Sun12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
$19.95\person for unlimited rides and fossil dig
FDR first came to Warm Springs in 1924 hoping to find a cure for polio. His hopes was the 88 degree waters would heal him. Visit his home and see the unfinished portrait that he was posing for when he had a stroke and passed away.
- 401 Little White House Road – Warm Springs, GA 31830
- Daily 9 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- $12.00\Adults $7.00\Children
Drive through the park where animals roam free and come right up to your window to feed.
- Go early! It’s hot and it gets crowded.
- Animals eat in the mornings so it is when they will be most responsive.
- 1300 Oak Grove Road – Pine Mountain, GA 31822
- Hours Vary by day – check site
- $76.95 – Includes 2 adult tickets and 2 children’s tickets or $21.95/adult $18.95/children
Check out the go-carts, bumper boats, archery, beach area, creek swings, train ride, gazebo, covered bridge, horse shoes and so much more! A great family place.
- Go early it gets crowded
- 2280 Butts Mill Rd – Pine Mountain, GA 31822
- Open only on weekends Saturday & Sunday 10am-4pm
- Ages 10+\$15.95 Children 3-9 \$13.95
Take a trail ride on horse back. Reservations are requested, walk-ups are available basis. You can take a guided ride or bring your own horse.
- 1063 Group Camp Road – Pine Mountain, GA 31822
- Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – last ride out at 4 p.m. Sunday – noon – 4 p.m.
- Prices vary check site
- 727 3rd Ave., West Point, Georgia 31833
- Mon-Wed 11am-10pm, Thur-Sat 11am-2am
- Check the website for nightly entertainment such as Bingo, trivia, and Karaoke
- 1201 2nd Ave Westpoint GA, 31833
- (706) 501-1400
- Tuesday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Winner of TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off in 2010-11 sells pastries and lunch boxes for picnics!
- 2238 Westpoint Rd – LaGrange, Georgia, GA 30240
- (706) 884-0379
- Mon-Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4, Closed Sun
- Charlie’s has been serving hotdogs in LaGrange for over 90 years.